Safway User & Erector Safety Training
FREE Online Throughout the Month of May 2017
In observance of Safety Week, Safway Group is offering free Systems™ Sectional Scaffold Safety Training for users and erectors throughout the month of May 2017. Developed for both those who perform work while on a scaffold as well as erectors, this online training includes chapter quizzes and a final exam. Participants will receive a certificate of completion with a score of 85 percent or higher, which can be applied to the OSHA requirement for training.
- Individual self-directed online training
- 4 different courses
- Each course approximately 45-minutes long
- Receive a Certificate of Completion with a score of 85% or higher
- Can be applied to OSHA training requirement
For the second year in a row, Safway Group will support Safety Week, May 7 - 13, 2017, by being an alliance partner with The Construction Industry Safety Initiative and the Incident & Injury-Free Executive Forum which, together, include over 40 national and global construction firms. Safeway jobsites throughout North America, safety personnel and managers will hold stand-downs during Safety Week to further inspire everyone in the industry to be effective, dedicated safety leaders year-round. Additionally, Safway will partner with the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and The Center for Construction Research and Training on the third annual national initiative to prevent falls, the leading cause of work-related injury and deaths.
Is safety training required to use scaffold?OSHA Training Requirements 1926.454
Yes. OSHA requires specific training for all users of scaffolding even if they are not erecting or modifying the scaffold.
What are the safety training requirements to use scaffold?
OSHA requires all employees who perform work while on a scaffold to be trained by a person qualified in the subject matter. Training must cover:
- The nature of and correct procedures for dealing with electrical hazards
- The nature of and correct procedures for erecting, maintaining, and disassembling fall protection systems and falling object protection systems in use
- The proper use of the scaffold and the proper handling of the materials on the scaffold
- The maximum intended load and the load-carrying capacities of the scaffolds used
For questions regarding Safway User & Erector Safety Training, please contact the Safway Training Department at Training@safway.com.
Please note this training may not meet the required safety training necessary for state or local regulations.
Recommended browsers include Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. The training site is NOT compatible with Microsoft Edge and Safari.
How can I train my employees?
Safway can assist you in training your scaffold Competent Persons, Erectors and Users.
Learn more about the Safway Training University.